Battery Packs and Run Time
Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery PackHalcyon's Explorer lighting systems take advantage of the Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery technology that emerged nearly thirty years ago from research on the storage of hydrogen for use as an alternative energy source. Several emerging battery technologies promise to offer even greater benefit with increased energy density, resulting in more power with less size and weight. However, these new technologies are not without problems. Recent explosions including injury to some divers are a testament to the careful approach incumbent upon all responsible companies. Halcyon is and has been testing new battery technology for years. However, we remain committed to providing a safe and reliable product and will not release a new technology until we are confident it represents a safe and compelling improvement over existing designs.
Key Features of Halcyon's Explorer Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery Pack
- 800 - 1000 charge/discharge cycles
- Higher capacity: 50% greater energy density than their lead acid counterparts.
- Environmentally green: NiMH batteries contain no cadmium, mercury, lead, or lithium, which has been proven to be a disaster in landfills.
- No memory effect: unlike NICAD packs, NiMH batteries are not affected by battery memory effect and can be partially recharged and discharged at will without shortening the life of the battery.
Drysuit-Heater Battery Packs
- Choice of NiMH battery pack in 9 or 13.5 amp hours
- E/O connection on the lid
- Explorer style canister with stabilized battery pack and Halcyon's exclusive drylid design
- Appropriate charger included